For each visitor to our web site, our web server automatically recognizes only your domain name but not the e-mail – we collect only the domain name (if available) and the e-mail addresses of those who register for an account or communicate directly with us via e-mail. Other collected information includes that volunteered by you (such as survey information) and that volunteered by you through account registration (name and address, telephone number, company, country, email). We also aggregate information on what pages site visitors collectively visit.
The information we collect is used to improve the content of our web site, to notify you about updates to our web site and to occasionally contact you for marketing purposes. Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers on-line may receive telephone contact from us with information regarding orders they have placed or wish to place.
From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. We will post the policy changes to our web site to notify you of these changes and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses.
Although your privacy is very important to us, in this legal and technical environment, we cannot fully ensure that your personally identifiable information will not be disclosed to third parties. Please see “Disclosure to Third Parties”, below, for more information.
Third Parties on our site:
Our site may contain advertisements, references and links to other web sites and organizations. You should be aware that different rules may apply to the collection, use or disclosure of your information by third parties in connection with their advertisements, promotions and other web sites you encounter on the Internet. The use of such technology by these third parties is within their control and not ours, and even if we have a relationship with the third party, we do not control those sites or their policies and practices regarding your information and we encourage you to investigate and ask questions directly of them in this regard.
Disclosure to Third Parties:
- When we have your consent (you “opt in”) to do so, in which case their use of your information is subject to their own privacy policies;
- When we have retained companies to work with or on behalf of Buy Wildlife Photos to provide Products, goods or services that you have requested;
- When we are compelled to do so by a governmental agency, court or other entity (e.g., to respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process);
- If we believe your actions violate any law, regulation, our Conditions of Use or any of our guidelines for promotions, Product offerings or any other features or functions of the site, or if you threaten the rights, property or safety of Buy Wildlife Photos (and www.buywildlifephotos.com), its suppliers, advertisers, other customers or users, or any other party;
- As and when we, in our sole discretion, believe such disclosure to be necessary or appropriate to investigate or resolve possible problems or inquiries, to protect our business and assets, to defend our interests and/or to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; or
- In the event of a bankruptcy, or a merger, acquisition, joint venture or other business combination involving us.
It is also possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications.
We do not sell or market your personally identifiable information to unaffiliated organizations.
Some of the aggregate customer data we collect may be shared with advertising companies in order to enhance and improve the operation and relevance of the site, but we do not give any personally identifiable information to them as part of this relationship. Use of their tracking technology is subject to their own privacy policies.